Popular Posts

Friday, June 10, 2011

The Good and the Bad

Let's start with our governor. His decision to use the state helicoptor to attend his son's ball game was most ill advised. If I were his advisor, I would have suggested he drive himself in his car or better yet, take public transportation. If he had done so, the governor would have shown himself to be willing to pinch pennies. Hopefully, he's learned a lesson. Time will tell. As to filling in the Petty's Run site - bad move. Perhaps cover it up, but don't fill it in. We've already paid for the dig. Now the Marc McKithen caper. I've had a few coversations with Attorney McKithen and found him to be a very pleasant young man. If I had any problems with him, it was that, by his own admission, he didn't know much about municipal law. His field is patent law - the fellow has a masters in organic chemistry which I suspect means he's the brightest light in the council chamber. I would advise him to stop driving a city owned car from his home to his office. He lives about two blocks away. The Fix Trenton's Budget Committee met on Wednesday and came up with several good ideas. Dan Dodson (who was not present) and Bob Lowe are two men who know of what they speak; Tony, if he were truly interested in solving Trenton's many problems, would be meeting with these guys weekly. He is not. To my way of thinking, Tony has been blowing them off. Which makes me wonder how serious Tony really is.

No comments: