Popular Posts

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Conservative Angle

Last Monday, a rather unpleasant incident took place in Mill Hill. A man walking along the street was hit in the head by a brick leaving a puddle of blood on the sidewalk. The brick was thrown by a kid walking home from school. This kid had some classmates with him. This incident has a number of angles that I will get to over the next few days. My concern right now is how Mr. Darren "Freedom" Green referred to these kids. He called them, "babies." Blogolanders, these kids are not babies by any stretch of the imagination; they are old enough to walk home from school by themselves, they are old enough to commit acts of vandalism in the Mill Hill neighborhood, and they are old enough to toss a brick a someone minding his own business. In an interview, Mr. Green stated that these kids are looking for love, looking for attention, looking for respect. Bullshit!! They were looking for trouble and they found it. My sympathies lie with the fellow who could have been killed and with the residents of Mill Hill who have a nice neighborhood because they live in a civilized manner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely right. Mr Green seems like a nice, well-meaning person who is concerned about Trenton, but his intelligence is in question, calling these mini-thugs "babies" who magically deserve respect because they exist.

Anonymous said...

Furthermore, Mr. Freedom also feels that we oughta reward good acts done by his babies. Sure, just like all those gifts and cash I was given just for being a civil human. Cut me an effin break. These little monsters in training need some serious tough love and an occasional kick in the ass. Yea, my kids look for love too...but they don't need to throw a brick at some innocent persons head to get some. Apparently inTrenton, violence and disrespek are nothing but cries of help from the babies. What the H is mr. Green smoking. Signed, Mr. Justice.

Dan Dodson said...

Lamberton Lilly,

As a fellow conservative and someone who's been in the middle of the recent incident in Mill Hill, let me say a few things about Darren.

The term "babies" is just the way he talks. It's a hopeful expression. He's been standing watch after school with us and really he has about the same attitude as I do. He was looking to put eyes on the kids and for the one who threw the brick to be arrested.

Every interaction I have with Darren leaves a more and more positive impression.

Like you, I'm sure I don't quite understand his written style. But I've stopped letting it throw me off.