Popular Posts

Monday, May 27, 2013

Fun Day in Trenton

Yeah, Blogolanders, in Trenton.  Yesterday Punk Rock had a flea market at Trenton Social.  Don't let the name scare you - it's an art group not Woodstock on the Delaware.  At the suggestion of The Kid, I took a table.  People kept coming and coming and coming.  One young fellow I spoke with came from Philly. 

Granted, it was a modern crowd.  First I had to get over the green hair, tatoos, and four nose rings, but once I did, I found a bunch of really nice people.  Wonder what they were like?  I arrived with twenty stacks of old history magazines - British History Illustrated, Mankind, The History Channel Magazine, etc.  I sold sixteen of them.  One young woman grapped a stack because the top magazine had an article about D-Day.  Her grandfather had been there; she was rather intrigued by it all, and we chatted about WWII, The Biggie and the last war that had public support. 

But people came to Trenton.  They spent money (I made a tidy profit, thank you).  T.C. Nelson of Trenton Social had people four and five deep waiting for food.  And there was not one freakin word (that I could find) in either paper about this event.  People came to Trenton, spent money, behaved themselves, had a good time, and the papers can't write about it? 

In closing, no cops were called, no one pulled a gun, no one yelled, "you dissed me," at the slightest bump -  it was a very polite crowd!  Trenton can do it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out the Times. They have great photos of the event. Sad to say but the many shootings that took place over the weekend pretty much took over the press.

Anonymous said...

...and people PAID money to get in and SPEND their money. I was there too...Looking forward to the next one planned for October. (But they will need and even BIGGER venue). Prices were very reasonable and the items were things you'd be hard pressed to find ANYWHERE else. GO TRENTON!!