Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ode to Gregory

This posting is inspired by the, "Killer Groundhog," that chased a bunch of Little Leaguers.  The story was posted on NJ.Com.  Those who feel it was female protecting her young are probably right.  Any animal with young can be very protective - vicious.  For several years now, I've had a groundhog living under my back porch; several times, I've tried removing him to Hunterdon County via a havaheart trap.  I swear he calls a taxi the minute he's released because he's back.  So I've decided to live with him; his name is Gregory; I'm sure he's a male as I never seen any small groundhogs around.  He's not dangerous.  In fact, he's rather shy; the slightest sound sends him running off.  He has a taste for tulip buds which is my only objection.  Watching him is rather amusing especially on warm, sunny summer days when he lies on his back with his little paws in the air.  Or when the local feral cats come; the cats and Gregory have stared at each other without moving for over an hour.  Thank you, Gregory, for the many pleasant times you provided.

No comments: