Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Have Company!

In the business section of this morning's NY Times was an article about people, many of them in their twenties, who are NOT on Facebook; I'm not on Facebook either. It made me feel good that others are with me. You see, Blogolanders, I admit to being self-absorbed but not to the point where I believe anyone gives diddly what I had for breakfast or who stopped in for a cup of coffee. There is a theory that those who avoid Facebook have something to hide. Considering the screams about invasions of privacy... Well, you can't have it both way. You can't spill your guts on Facebook and then bitch about invasions of privacy. Perhaps it is a dated attitude, but I still prefer face-to-face contact in real time; barring that, I like the telephone. If you can't see someone, it is nice to hear their voice. But that's me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not every facebook user posts the mundane details of their lives. You seem so proud of not being a facebook user, but you are a blogger, what's the big difference?

Anonymous said...

Actually I think bloggers are worse. They are not sharing their mundane thoughts with just folks who elect to befriend them whereas a blogger like the poster here who promotes her blog through the local paper because she feels everyone is entitled to her opinion.