Popular Posts

Friday, June 17, 2011

Guest Blogger - Dysnomia

Good morning, Mayor Mack. Lamberton Lilly asked me to post a blog; she and I are in close contact. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the ancient Greek personification of lawlessness and poor civil constitution. In other words, crappy government. First, I want to let you know, "Those whom gods would destroy, they first make mad." We have you in our sights. One thing we really do not like is, "HUBRIS." That's an old Greek word meaning overwhelming pride. Sadly, you're guilty of it which is why we started eyeballing you. Everyone makes mistakes; usually, people learn and move forward. You haven't learned. You are a nice man, but you don't seem to know what you're doing. I checked out your website which lists all the things you've done in the last year. Yes, you've been busy, but you've doing typical mayor stuff. Cutting ribbons, opening exhibits, etc. Big deal. That's what mayors do. It's not an accomplishment. It's part of the job. I'm sure you want to help your friends, but not at the public watering hole. And then giving yourself an, "A!" No, no, no. Maybe, just maybe, a, "C." There are people in Trenton who really want to help this city turn around, but you ignore them. You toss them a bone or two and turn your back. And stop blaming Doug Palmer; you knew you were walking into a mess; you claimed to have the solutions to the mess. You didn't. Did you blow smoke just to get elected? You still have some options. 1. Meet with David Ponton and his group to discuss what you can do, and how soon, to stop the recall. Then, of course, follow through. 2. Contact those Trentonians who offered help and advice. Meet with them, REGULARLY, and follow their advice. 3. Continue on your present course. That's what my sisters (I have two of them) and I would really like. We thrive on civil disorder; that's our function. In closing, my Aunt Themis and Cousin Dike really like Attorney McKithen. If you were to fix that sad situation, it would really give me a black eye.

No comments: