Popular Posts

Friday, July 12, 2013

It's Worth a Try

I was not at city council last evening, but I read the reports in both papers.  After a second cup of coffee, I asked myself, "When will the Seven Argives develop a set of brass ones?"  Just what are they afraid of?  George Muschal almost always votes, "no."  Lately, Zachary Chester has been asking really hard questions.  And apparently, Ms. Caldwell-Wilson and Ms. Holly-Ward asked a few pointed questions last evening. 

I for one am tired of listening to Mr. Hutchinson dance around the issues.  Usually, he's followed by my favorite mealy-mouthed city employee, Elena Chen.  Neither seems able to answer a straight forward question.  And damn it!  These are public funds under discussion - our tax money. 

My advice to the Seven Argives when they next meet is to vote, "NO," on all financial requests.  Perhaps that will get the attention of the Honorable Mayor and his minions.  If there is bitching and moaning, then here's the perfect answer -- "Mayor, your future may hold a federal prison; my future holds a re-election campaign."

Does anyone want to make book on this scenerio?

No comments: