Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Catch Up

Good morning, Blogolanders.  Where to begin.  From early Thursday afternoon to, I was back in RWJ Hospital with the usual lung issues.  When my doctor, the saintly and patient (no pun) Arthur Pacia released me, it was with the plea, "My darling, please go home and rest.  Forget Trenton."  If The Kid blows by, I'll send him out with a grocery list. 

The weekend in Trenton.  Shootings.  And of course the incident on Laurel Place.  Right under the nose of the Honorable Kathy McBride.  By the way, the picture in today's issue of the Trenton Times shows Councilman Alex Bethea and not Councilman Zachary Chester.  That's always encouraging when the staff of a, "local," paper can't identify one council member from another. 

Blogolanders, I find this habit of shooting someone over the slightest insult primative and distressing.  The excuse, "He dissed me," or "He disrespected me,"  is not an excuse for shooting someone.  First, who gives a flying fuck if someone disses you - actually the word should be RUDE but the well educated Trentonian does not know the difference between respect and courtesy.  And five thousand more police will not solve this issue.

What will help is getting the word out that we do not live in caves anymore; we are, in theory, civilized.  We are willing to accept a social contract - rules and regs - so we can live peacefully with each other. 

We don't do that here in Trenton.  By the way, no one should be drinking in a public park.  As I understand it, someone was drinking in the Laurel Place Park.  Why didn't Councilwoman McBride call the police then and ask that the fellow be removed? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said!