Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Beautiful Dreamer

I have never enjoyed watching another human being humiliated; I've never enjoyed watching people makes fools of themselves (lest anyone jump on it, yes, I've made a fool of myself several times).  Monday, I went to Passage Theatre for the Honorable Mayor's fourth and last townhall meeting.  Except for June Ballinger, I was the only citizen present.  And June may have been there to make sure the building was properly secured when we left.  The Honorable Mayor arrived with his usual entourage.

As usual, he was very polite to me.  Then he started to talk.  First:  The media is at fault.  All the negative stories about Trenton.  The media never gives him or his administration enough attention.  OK.  But how often does the Honorable Mayor call the media and say, "Come over; let's chat about Trenton."  Rarely, if ever.  How many news articles contain the sentence, "The mayor could not be reached for a statement?"  Far too many.  Has he ever called the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal and asked for a reporter to do a, "puff piece?"  Nooooo. 

Moving along, the Honorable Mayor announced that his critics were those who asked him a job; he didn't give jobs so they went away pissed at him.  At this point, Blogolanders, I told him I never asked for a job; I never wanted a job.  I do ciriticize him.  In fact, most of the people I worked with during the recall attempt had NO interest in a city job.  They were either retired folks or had jobs that were too good to give up. 

The Honorable Mayor also assured the room that he was a fighter.  That he would be back. 

I have to give the Honorable Mayor credit for having the hide of a rhino.  Does nothing make this man feel shame? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what, if any response Mack gave you when you let him know you were not looking for a job and were still not a fan.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what, if any response Mack gave you when you let him know you were not looking for a job and were still not a fan.