Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Credit Where Due

Last evening  I was told, "nothing would make you happy;" actually I would be very happy if council did their job.  I don't really want to hear about the work that is done in the community; if you do it, wonderful; it still is not the function of a councilperson to solve every constituent's problems.  Criticism does not go over well at all; yet there is one member of council with whom I've dealt who has always been reasonable when I criticize.  The Honorable Zachary Chester.  Mr. Chester and I do not agree politically and never have and probably never well.  Yet he has always been calm, listened, answered questions, explained what is going on, and if it still left me cold, he just changed the subject and moved on.  If we were all as cool, calm, and collected as Mr. Chester (and that includes moi), this city would be a happier place. 

No comments: