Popular Posts

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Far Horizons

Last Thursday, Council President McBride went too far, and I mean too far. During public omment, Mr. Dion Clark spoke about his treatment a few weeks when council went into executive session, and he was asked to not only leave the second floor, but also leave the building. Ms. McBride stated it never happened even though Mr. Clark had a witness. She called him a, "liar." While I was not present, my experience has shown that both Mr. Clark and his witness know truth. I believe them.

As to our present council, most continue to whine about the problems they face and how the problems were created by the previous administration/council. Well, council you all knew the problems when you ran; you claimed, during the debates, that you had all the answers and were ready to hit the ground running. Blogolanders, they have no idea of what they are doing; they have learned nothing in 21 months. NOTHING!

One of my readers made an excellent suggestion - rather than send park landscaping money off to Philadelphia, approach local civic groups about, "adopting," a park. I like that idea. Citizen involvement that saves money. Again, the Honorable Mayor refuses to see how much talent is in this city; talent ready to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What has happened here in Trenton when LIES are looked at equally to the TRUTH. Nobody gets embarrassed over anything anymore. There is no such thing as integrity anymore. There's no more "consideration of others". It's not just Trenton, but Ttown is where I see it all every single day. And if you ever confront anyone about lying, cheating, stealing, or being unethical or inconsiderate, YOU are look at like you're crazy. Now our own government thinks all this bad behavior is fine. Where will it all end? I don't think it will.

PS MS. Lily, whether the city takes care of the park near me or not, I will take care of it myself since I have to look at it. I only wish a few of my neighbors thought the same way. Some have scolded me saying "IF you keep doing this, the city will NEVER come back". Well, they aren't coming back anyway...which wold YOU prefer to look at.

What a shame...I used to care about Trenton. Now I just care about my own little patch. Thanks t-town.