Popular Posts

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Advice from Good Ole Dad

Good morning, Blogolanders.  It seems there was another flap in Trenton over the weekend involving citizens and the police.  I wan't there, but the news accounts seem truthful based on my experience.  Let me begin by writing that I do not believe the members of the Trenton police are a bunch of boy scouts.  They can be, and often are, rude and obnxious.  Hell, I've had a few run-ins with them. 

Before I go any further, Blogolanders, please note (for those who don't know already) I am a WASP.  When I first got my driver's license, Dear Ole Dad gave me a piece of advice I've have not forgotten - NEVER EVER MOUTH OFF TO A COP!!  Not every unpleasant contact with the police is motivated by race - believe me.  My favorite war story is walking into police headquarters, approaching the officer in the lobby and being greeted with, "Yeah, whadda you want?" 

Now for my advice - NEVER EVER INTERFER WITH AN ARREST.  Even if you believe it is wrong, unlawful, racist, etc., etc.  Keep calm.  Settle the problem at the police station. 

No comments: