Popular Posts

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Trenton - The Twilight Zone?

Hello, Blogolanders.  It's been a long time since I've posted.  Several reasons why, too.  There was so much to comment on, I didn't know where to begin, and there have been some happenings within the family that took up my time.  Well, I'm back.  Not only have I read the papers, but I have also listened to the Dishonorable Mayor's press conference during which he blamed the Fourth Estate for printing negative news which, according to the Dishonorable Mayor, destroys the minds of our young.  It was some six minutes of bullshit and not even quality bullshit. 

I do not believe reporting the negative destroys young minds, saps their ambition, ruins their self-respect.  Hell, I,ve been reading The New York Times for over fifty years - you want the negative?  Read that paper.  In my humble opinion, what destroys young minds is watching adults ignore problems, watching adults refuse to discuss solutions, watching adults pass the blame, etc.

Here's a very personal example.  Back in 2005, I went to the UPenn Hospital for a zillion tests.  The final results were:  heart is fine, kidneys are fine, liver is fine, butt is fine.  The problem?  A small cancerous growth in my left lung.  Now, I could have decided to ignore that bad thing and concentrate on the good.  If I had, I wouldn't be here to enjoy all the good things so the doctor and I decided to concentrate on the bad - we solved the problem.  Here I am enjoying the good.  Including the lungs which function well enough. 

The Dishonorable Mayor should be concentrating on the negative.  Solving the problem(s).  Showing our young people how to find solutions.  Perhaps the media can have headlines that read, "Crime down XX% because Mayor Mack did X,Y, and Z."

We can have all parks we want, but if people do not feel safe in those parks, what good are they?  Instead of whining about the mess he found in city hall when he was elected (a mess he should have known about), Tony Mack should have been chipping away at those problems from the beginning.  All he has done since he took office is create more problems and make the existing problems worse.

I especially liked his answer to question about resigning.  Tony Mack is not resigning because he worked long and hard to get elected!!!  Who gives a flying f#$k?  Campaigning is long, hard work.  You don't want to do it, don't run, but a hard fought campaign does not give one right to abuse the office which Tony Mack has done since Day One. 

So, Blogolanders, the Dishonorable Mayor is going nowhere soon.  I, for one, hope someday to see him driven off to a nice federal prison.  Of course, he'll blame that on negative press and warping young minds by showing an elected official being escourted away by federal agents.  Tony Mack lives in a strange world far removed from reality. 


No comments: