Popular Posts

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Report from Neverland aka City Council

All things considered, council moved rather quickly last night (I left at 7:30PM).  There were, however, exhibits of bad behavior.  Since Ms. McBride ignores ROBERTS RULES, I may give her a copy of the MARQUESS OF QUEENSBERRY.  Council needs some guidelines.  Councilwoman Caldwell-Wilson asked for permission to speak, and Ms. McBride granted it, but when Ms. McBride realized Ms. Caldwell-Wilson wanted to adjust the adgenda, our president got damn snotty and rude.  She then began to babble about respect (I hate that word, and I will explain why in a future post).  Ms. C-W wanted to adjust the agenda so council could vote on the next president/vice president early which would allow Mr. Muschal to leave early for court testimony.  Big, freaking deal.  Actually, it made sense.  When council did vote, Phyllis Holly-Ward was elected council president.  No one was elected vice-president although a former city attorney told me there is no provision for the office of vice-president.  The voting to approve two judges bordered on farce.  I lost track of what they were talking about, and who made the motion to do what, etc.  As usual, Mr. Bethea was confused.  For once, I felt his pain. 

No comments: