Popular Posts

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Just In Case

Hello, Blogolanders.  A great day; I got a lot done.  The bathroom sparkles and my so-called garden has been weeded and raked.  What I'm really posting about is frauds on-line.  Earlier this week, someone broke into George Muschal's computer and sent out an e-mail requesting $3,000 because he was in Spain with a sick cousin and short of cash.  Hopefully, everyone realized it was a scam and ignored it.  Should any of you receive such an e-mail from, "me," ignore it.  About a year ago, I received such an e-mail from a neighbor and knew damn well she was not in Spain.  This one claimed she had been mugged and a long with all her money her passport had been stolen and the embassy refused to help.  That was bullshit.  That's one of the functions of an embassy - to help with lost passports.  Stealing an American passport is a very serious crime since it is the property of the United States Government.  And believe me, if I were ever stranded overseas without money, I WOULD CONTACT MY SISTER! 

It took Mrs. Muschal about two days to clear everything out.  I admire her patience with this all.

No comments: